Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Philly Cheese Steak Roll

So...new recipe, I had never tried it. It turned out pretty well. Needs some "handling" improvement.

Ingredients:
2 cans of pizza dough (I used the pizza dough mix, 2 bags)
deli sliced roast beef
deli sliced American cheese
1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup onion chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg white
1 tbsp water

Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add green pepper, onion, oregano and pepper. Using garlic press, add garlic cloves to mixture. Cook 3-4 minutes or until veggies are crisp.

On floured baking stone, roll out pizza dough in two equal halves. Layer dough with roast beef, cheese and veggie mixture. Roll dough in pinwheel manner and attach the two halves by their ends.

Mix egg white and water together and brush onto dough. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Let cool 10 minutes before slicing.

Here are some pictures of why I say I need more "handling" improvement:

You can see it got really thin where I attached the two rolls together. Also, you can see where the dough split as it cooked so, I guess I either need to use more dough or not roll it so thin. Here is a close up of the split:
Here is a picture of the inside:

Either way...it turned out really yummy. Philip said it was quite possibly the best thing I've ever cooked for him. I served it with a tossed salad of baby greens sprinkled with mozzarella cheese.

We DID have left overs, we had a whole tupperware container of them, but...after Philip left for work this morning I noticed the container was in the sink so....he either took them with him for lunch or ate them for breakfast...or both. Oh well...at least he's a happy boy.

Tomorrow: Easy Lasagna

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, once again, I am SO going to have to try this! My hubs LOVES philly cheesesteak sandwiches so I'm sure he'd just DIE if I made this. :)

    ReplyDelete