Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chicken Florentine Ring

First off...sorry for the delay.

This week has been insanely chaotic! Three doctors appointments, car issues....but, things are finally slowing down!

Chicken Florentine Ring

-This would be PERFECT for a brunch. It is very yummy and filling and quite dainty looking (I think anyway). It was pretty easy to make...enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 can of chunk chicken (I hate canned chicken so I just used a regular chicken breast, cooked and cut up)
1/2 cup red bell pepper
1/2 chopped spinach
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp salt
2 cans of crescent rolls

I cut this recipe in half last night. It was just Philip and I and I've got a fridge full of leftovers so...we didn't need more!

Preheat oven to 375. Combine all ingredients except crescent rolls in large bowl. Mix well.


Unroll crescent rolls in ring on baking stone. Fill center with chicken mixture. Roll up and put crescent rolls with chicken filling together. (The idea is you want the roll dough to bake together so it can be something to be sliced apart.) You can see from the picture that this would work better with two cans of crescent rolls but, this was more than enough for just us two!


Bake for about 20-25 minutes. I did them for 22 minutes and that was almost too long so, stick closer to 20 minutes.

I served it with mixed fruit and sweet tea. It was yummy! :) Philip and I both really enjoyed it!!

Tomorrow: My comfort food --- Beef Stroganoff

No comments:

Post a Comment